HOW TO INSTALL – Interior Doors
Understanding Door Slabs versus Doorsmith Fully Assembled Systems
Measuring and Installing
Once you’ve selected either a door slab or a Doorsmith system, make sure you get the perfect fit by properly measuring for your door.
How to Measure for replacing a Door Slab in an Existing Jamb system:
1. Measure the height of the existing door (measuring from left and right side of the door will ensure door is square).
2. Measure the width of the existing door (measuring from top and bottom of the door will ensure door is square).
3. Measure the thickness of door (normal thickness is 1-3/8” for residential use).
4. Measure the hinge locations from the top of the door to the top of each hinge. Note:Hinge size will also be important for machining needs to fit on the existing jamb correctly.
5. To ensure proper handle location to line up with strike on the jamb, measure the handle location from top of the door to the centre of the bore (the hole).
How to measure your Rough Opening (R.O.) for a Doorsmith Fully Assembled door:
- Take three horizontal measurements of the rough opening and record the smallest measurement. This is the rough opening (R.O.) width.
- Take three vertical measurements of the rough opening and record the smallest measurement. This is the rough opening (R.O.) height.
- Take one horizontal measurement of the door jamb (thickness of the jamb). This is the jamb width.
HOW TO INSTALL – VIDEOS
Once you have your correct sized door, you are ready to install it. The videos below will assist you with completing your installation.